The Twin Falls Area Chamber of Commerce is working closely with public health officials, local and state government officials, educational institutions, service organizations, the faith-based community, and others to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus – to “flatten the curve” – and to ensure our entire community remains healthy.
In this time of social distancing, the Chamber will continue to meet our collective mission of providing a voice, vision, and focused leadership to enhance the economic vitality and quality of life in our area. We will be modifying the services, events, and activities that we provide to meet this mission in the following ways.
- To support social distancing, and from the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Chamber is suspending and/or postponing all in-person Chamber events and activities through May 10, 2020. This includes:
- All ribbon cuttings
- Magic Valley Leadership and Student Leadership programs (to be rescheduled at a later date)
- Magic Valley Young Professionals business meetings and social gatherings
- Business After Hours (originally scheduled for March 26 – tentatively postponed to July 9)
- Ambassadors Committee meetings
- Agribusiness Committee meetings
- Twin Falls Today luncheon (originally scheduled for April 14 – rescheduled to August 11)
- Chamber Business Day Breakfast and Business-to-Business Trade Show (originally scheduled for April 23 – tentatively postponed to July 23)
We are evaluating technology options that could allow some of these activities to continue through online networking and teleconferencing. We will share updates on these options in the days to come.
At this time, the Chamber office remains open to meet your needs. You can reach us by phone at 208-733-3974 or email any of us to assist.
Shawn Barigar, President & CEO: email@example.com
Megan Fleshman, Member Services Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathleen Hite, Operations & Communications Coordinator: email@example.com
We are also available in-person, if needed, while following appropriate health and wellness habits.
The Twin Falls Visitor Center remains open to serve customers from 9am to 5pm every day. We have implemented best practice recommendations from the CDC to minimize exposure and transmission.
- To serve as a conduit to our 825 member businesses and your thousands of employees throughout the Twin Falls area, we are establishing regular communication by email newsletter and on our website (www.twinfallschamber.com) and Facebook social media channel (www.facebook.com/TwinFallsChamber/) to pass along trusted resources related to:
- Individual health and wellness habits
- Business practices related to safe operations and healthy interaction with customers
- Workforce assessment and planning for alternatives such as work-from-home
- Business preparedness planning in anticipation of potential community closures
- Economic resources to assist with the disruptions to business operations
- Keeping our member businesses connected to each other and your customers is important. In the coming days, we will develop and share with you online tools for you to communicate changes in your operations, special offers for customers, resource needs, and other pertinent business information.
- The economic impact on individuals, businesses, and communities is significant already and will continue to be. The Chamber will communicate strategies to “strike the balance” between continued business activity and health practices to minimize exposure and spread of the illness. We will also compile information on resources available to business to assist with economic impacts. These tools and resources are emerging and changing, so please stay tuned for additional information.
As the region’s premier business organization, the Twin Falls Area Chamber of Commerce is here to lead preparations for our members and our community. We urge you all to take necessary steps to logistically prepare for what to do to mitigate the risk in our community.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Twin Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Staff and Board of Directors